[postgis-devel] Re: sql files proliferation

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Feb 26 10:16:23 PST 2004

pramsey wrote:
> I wonder if we can use cpp and simple #ifdef stuff to do the
> preprocessing. Would be nice.
> P.

I made some use of cpp with languages other then C.
The main problem is that cpp thinks #-lines are overlooked byt
the compilers. GNU cpp version accepts -P to omit linemarkers

       -P  Inhibit generation of linemarkers in the output from
           the preprocessor.  This might be useful when running
           the preprocessor on something that is not C code, and
           will be sent to a program which might be confused by
           the linemarkers.

... but that could not be always the case.

Can people try that (or similar) to solve the linemark problem ?

--strk;