[postgis-devel] geos / postgis version

David Blasby dblasby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 10:27:59 PDT 2004

Good idea on this logging.

One thing I've always wanted to see what the ability to get the CVS
log information for the ".c" file displayable inside postgresql.  A
lot of people think they're using one version, but actually using
another - this could help clear it up.

For example, the top of  "postgis_fn.c" looks like this:

* $Log: postgis_fn.c,v $
 * Revision 1.35  2004/04/28 22:26:02  pramsey
 * Fixed spelling mistake in header text.
 *
 * Revision 1.34  2004/03/26 00:54:09  dblasby
 * added full support for fluffType(<geom>)
 * postgis09=# select fluffType('POINT(0 0)');
 *         flufftype
 * 		 SRID=-1;MULTIPOINT(0 0)
 *
 * Revision 1.33  2004/03/25 00:43:41  dblasby
 * added function fluffType() that takes POINT LINESTRING or POLYGON

It would be good to know that the compiled version is "1.35 2004/04/28".

I dont know if this is easy or not.

dave