[postgis-devel] getrelid && list_nth

strk strk at keybit.net
Tue Jun 8 10:18:41 PDT 2004

Hello Mark,
I was writing this to pgsql-hackers, but I've solved it
so I turned it into a report.

Working on postgis selectivity function for type 'geometry'
I've incurred in the following problem:

The getrelid() macro defined in parser/parsetree.h invokes
the rt_fetch() macro therein defined, which in turn invokes
list_nth.

Now list_nth() is not a macro, and postgis
is not linked to postgresql dynamic library, so
it fails to load.

This worked until some months ago (PG was already
versioned as 75dev).

To fix this I've copied list_nth and list_nth_cell into postgis_estimate.c
removing superflous ( I hope ) checks on boundaries.

Now estimation selectivity is back up and runnign for PG75

Still... any stable utility interface would be appreciated.