[postgis-devel] RPM development process

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at tdmsoft.com.tr
Fri Apr 15 06:13:33 PDT 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Jean David TECHER wrote:

> If it's the only error, could you try the installation after having created
> the symbolic link to pgsql (with the command ln -s /usr/share/pgsql
> /usr/share/postgresql) ?

ln -s /usr/share/postgresql/* /usr/share/pgsql

That will work, if PL/pgSQL is already added to the database.

Anyway, IMHO you -must- put the files under /usr/share/pgsql. Symlink
should not be an option.

The spec I've just posted is different from our GIS product's spec. Ours
run a script to create a new database with PL/pgSQL enabled and runs the
script file. Also while removing the RPM, the database is removed with all
the components -- this is intentional and a howto is echoed 5 seconds
before the removal begins.

Anyway, as a 'community' rpm, both will work.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Teknik Müdür