[postgis-devel] Autoprobing java source files

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Tue Apr 26 07:59:06 PDT 2005

Hi, Strk,

strk at refractions.net schrieb:

> Ahah. I'm a convinced supporter of personal life easing, so I
> say if it works for you go for it. After all we have generated
> parser files into CVS and release, we can as well have this one.
> make maintainer-clean should get rid of it, and Makefile dependencies
> should be able to recreate it if missed.

Fine. I'll do it this way.

> BTW: just for curiosity... how does it easy your life ? Are you
>      a corner case of 'make' available / 'find' not ?

The "ease of life" was compared against the current situation where I
have to maintain the list of source files in the Makefile by hand (and
during my experiments, I regularly forget to add or remove such a file...).

I have both find and make available, issuing the find calls on every
make run will do for me as well (trading the 3 fork()s overhead against
an additional file we have to maintain).

But I learned that other developers have different setups, and after the
discussion here that did not lead to a clear result I wanted to avoid
introducing an additional build dependency.

Markus