[postgis-devel] Autoprobing java source files

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Apr 26 06:12:54 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 02:23:16PM +0200, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, Strk,
>
> strk at refractions.net schrieb:
>
> > If having make means having 'find' there's no real point in using
> > the Makefile-Sources, except the fact that manual edit of Makefile-Sources
> > would give you more control if you plan to keep extra-package java
> > files in the source tree w/out a clean rule for 'find' to find.
>
> This is a good point, I did not think at this.
>
> My idea was to check the Makefile-Sources.config into the CVS
> repository, so ordinary package builders or users will not need to run
> find, only people who actually add or remove java files, and those could
> still edit the file by hand.
>
> It is basically meant to ease my personal life without pissing off too
> much others. :-)

Ahah. I'm a convinced supporter of personal life easing, so I
say if it works for you go for it. After all we have generated
parser files into CVS and release, we can as well have this one.
make maintainer-clean should get rid of it, and Makefile dependencies
should be able to recreate it if missed.

BTW: just for curiosity... how does it easy your life ? Are you
     a corner case of 'make' available / 'find' not ?

--strk;