[postgis-devel] Re: postgis failure on debian woody

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Tue Feb 22 07:17:16 PST 2005

Hi, Alex,

Some additional diagnostics:

kingfisher:~# apt-cache show libpgjava
Package: libpgjava
Section: contrib/libs
[...]

As libpgjava is in contrib, it depends on packages that itsself are not
necessarily part of debian.

It also forces the postgis java part to be in contrib.

AFAICS, this could be changed for sarge, at least my small tests show
that it works with some of the free JVMs there.

I really think the libpgjava maintainers and possibly the pgjdbc mailing
list are the better place to solve this particular problem.

Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich