[postgis-devel] GEOS XMLTester throws error case

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Jan 5 08:50:17 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:31:34AM -0500, Carl Anderson wrote:
> strk at refractions.net wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:32:43PM -0500, Carl Anderson wrote:
> >

> >>in Jump 1.1.3rc5 this case works fine
> >>
> >>using GEOS's XMLTester  i get a side location conflict exception.
> >>(output validation is bogus so ignore that)
> >>

> >With JTS-1.4 testrunner it throws 'side location conflict' as well.
> >(which JTS version does your Jump use ?)
> >
> >--strk;
> >

> JTS-1.4.0.jar
>
> yes it does throw the error.  I misread hthe error dialog.   Jump
> mishandles the exception and pops up a confusing dialog
>
>           Validation Errors
>              Layer: test1
>              No Validation Errors
>
> notice that both shapes report as valid.

> From here,  If there is no motivation for improving  the numerical
> robustness... (hope there is)
>
> Then I really do want to be able to set arbitrary scales for the
> PrecisionManager in the geometryFactory.
> difference(g1,g2,scale)
> which hopefully will  keep precision levels low enough to avoid this issue.

I'd integrate a grid application function I wrote long ago as part
of a web gis solution.
It accepts a grid origin and cell sizes in input. Coordinate values
would then be 'snapped' to the grid and collapsed points would be
removed.

--strk;

--

For standing up against patentability of software,

  Thank You, Poland!

Read the intervention:    http://kwiki.ffii.org/ConsPolon041221En
Send your thanks:         thankyoupoland.info
Read/do more:		  http://www.noepatents.org/