[postgis-devel] Re: [Fwd: PostGIS : shp2pgsql i18n patch.]

IIDA Tetsushi hogepiyo at nifty.com
Wed Jan 12 09:33:56 PST 2005

> Can you tell us more about this necessity ?
> Is there a case in which a post-processing lets you store
> the data in a postgresql database with no UNICODE support ?

It is unnecessary when often thinking.

The environment for which Japanese was able to be used by the
 EUC-JP code without the UNICODE support when it was before
 PostgreSQL7.1 was able to be made. However, the UNICODE
 support might not have been able to be removed since 7.2.
The situation about which I worried  doesn't occur because PostGIS
 is correspondence since PostgreSQL7.2.

> Consider it as an alpha feature, and only use for testing.
> Tetsushi, please report any problem you might encounter with this.

It tries on this weekend.

Thank you.

--
IIDA Tetsushi