[postgis-devel] iscachable

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 08:52:21 PST 2005

Hi strk,

As I understand from the documentation, I think it's mainly to do with
folding the results of functions down into constants where possible when
creating a query plan. So I'd imagine that since the internal functions are
called directly, this would not be an issue, but would stand to be
corrected. This is reading between the lines from
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-createfunction.html.

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd