[postgis-devel] postgis 1.1.0

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri Jul 1 04:38:52 PDT 2005

Hi, Strk,

strk at refractions.net wrote:
> After some toughts I think there's no reason to release a
> 1.0.2 version. Since we have the postgis_proc_upgrade.pl
> script moving to 1.1.0 directly doesn't require a dump/reload.
>
> The postgis_proc_upgrade.pl will replace all functions, it
> is thus able to change definition of library to load (1.1
> instead of 1.0).

This sounds good.

> We might also release 1.0.2 from the head branch actually,
> and rely on postgis_full_version() to report procs upgrade
> requirement.

I would vote against releasing HEAD as 1.0.2, as I think 1.0.X should be
reserved for bugfix-only releases, and 1.1.0 is the way for new features.

Btw, when do you plan to release 1.1.0? I've got some small work to
finish jdbc/jts support which I'd like to finish before release :-9

Markus