[postgis-devel] postgis 1.1.0 / postgis 1.0.2

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Jul 1 06:52:18 PDT 2005

Sorry, my head is flipping too fast, it must be due to
the heat.

Releasing 1.1.0 would not take a short time, the
autoconf-based build is too young and untested.

Releasing 1.0.2 *does* make sense as it contains
bug fixes (fault tolerant btree, rtree fix, leak plugged
in pg_error, cleaner build scripts).

I've dropped buffer(0) implementation of GeomUnion in
the 1.0 branch as it would be a new feature (and we saw
it's broken already).

The only new feature left would be 8.1 support.
Leaving it in would allow more people to test new
GiST functionalities.

Again, sorry for the confusion, managing all these
branches between geos and postgis is not an easy
task in summertime ...

--strk;