[postgis-devel] RC3 build/install script bugs

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Wed Mar 2 02:10:42 PST 2005

Hi, Strk,

strk at refractions.net schrieb:

>>>From PGSQL's configure script:
>>*** Without Flex you will not be able to build PostgreSQL from CVS or
>>*** change any of the scanner definition files. You can obtain Flex from
>>*** a GNU mirror site. (If you are using the official distribution of
>>*** PostgreSQL then you do not need to worry about this because the Flex
>>*** output is pre-generated.)
>>
>>Hence my build went ahead anyway because I was using the official
>>distribution.
>
> What do people think about doing the same ?

I think most people will not change the parser files, so would vote +1
on this. Easying build requirements is always a good idea. Maybe it even
makes sense to have them in CVS, as they change rather seldomly.

Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich