[postgis-devel] Cube Indexes

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Fri Aug 11 22:17:28 PDT 2006

I have been playing with
GEOS  (cvs) 3.0.0 and PostGIS 1.1.3
and I know that I am a bit ahead of the game.

Things look much, much better on the numeric stability front

On a few rare cases I have found that an exception was bleeding into
PostGIS from GEOS
from the postgresql log

       SELECT: ../source/headers/geos/noding/SegmentString.h:167: void
geos::noding::SegmentString::testInvariant() const: Assertion
`pts->size() == npts' failed
LOG:  server process (PID 11575) was terminated by signal 6

This is terminating all the other processes on the server.
I know that lwgeom_geos_wrapper.cpp is supposed to catch all of the
exceptions from GEOS, and I don't see on a quick scan how this getting
through.

FWIW
I am using GCC 4.1.1 on FC5 and have been compiling from the autoconf method
C.

Carl Anderson
GIS Manager Fulton County Georgia