[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.1.7

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Tue Dec 5 02:06:00 PST 2006

Hi, Thomas,

Thomas Marti (HSR) wrote:

> * How about some documentation? Don't see much in here:
> http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/trunk/doc/postgis.xml
> Is there more somewhere?

Yes, I think we need more information there.

Does anyone have an URL where this multimedia specification can be
downloaded?

> * What about matching Java type(s) in the PostGIS-JDBC driver?

There aren't any, currently, I'm afraid.

It should be easy to extend the org.postgis.Geometry with appropriate
subtypes (as they only have to represent the data), but I don't have any
idea of how a JTS mapping for those geometries will work.

Btw, how does the GEOS backend handle those geometries?

> * Is there a description how (E)WKB looks for curved types?

I'll need that, too, for writing appropriate Java mappings.

HTH,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org