[postgis-devel] Re: PostGIS datastore creation

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 08:24:14 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 23:21 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 23:19 +0200, TECHER David wrote:
> > Hi Mark
> >
> > Did U succedd using "make check" on win32 with postgis-1.1.4?
> >
> > I don't !
> >
> > --david;
> > http://www.davidgis.fr
>

> Hi David,
>
> The regression tests are run as part of the installer build script and
> they all pass for me (currently testing on PostgreSQL 8.1/PostGIS
> 1.1.4/GEOS 2.2.3/PROJ 4.4.9). Which tests are failing for you?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Mark.

Hi David,

I've just rebuilt the new PostGIS 1.1.4 installer for PostgreSQL 8.2 and
I am seeing a regression failure - it looks as if pgsql2shp.exe is
crashing but only against PostgreSQL 8.2 - all the tests pass for me on
PostgreSQL 8.1 without any problems. I'm trying to get a backtrace, but
unfortunately the crash reboots my WinXP Xen VM when I try and attach
gdb :(

Can anyone else replicate these regression failures against PostgreSQL
8.2 on Win32?

UPDATE: I've quickly logged the pgsql2shp.exe command that causes the
regression tests to fail, and it seems to work fine when I execute the
command manually from within MingW :(

Kind regards,

Mark.