[postgis-devel] Proposal: creation of 1.1 branch in PostGIS SVN

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 01:03:24 PST 2007

Hi folks,

I'd like to propose the creation of a 1.1 branch in the PostGIS SVN
repository to aid maintenance of the 1.1 branch. My main reason for
doing this is allow bugfixes to be applied to the PostgreSQL 8.2
installer version of PostGIS which is currently at version 1.1.6, in
particular the issue which causes a "function ... returned NULL" when
indexing a large amount of NULL geometries.

What I'd like to suggest is the following:

1. Copy the contents of http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/tags/1.1.6/
to http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/branches/1.1/

2. Backpatch the following patches (mainly GiST NULL related):

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2006-December/000008.html
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2006-December/000009.html
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2006-December/000010.html
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2006-December/000011.html
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2007-January/000017.html

Markus, please let me know if you think any of the JDBC patches should
go into the 1.1 branch.

3. Push out a fixed 1.1.7 release for inclusion in the PostgreSQL Win32
installer.

Kind regards,

Mark.