[postgis-devel] PATCH: Test PostgreSQL 8.3 patch for PostGIS

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Sat Jun 2 20:30:41 PDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 04:52:02PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 09:15 -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > When I get a chance I'll submit a regression test for the
> > Contains()/Within() bug that still exists:
> >
> > http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-May/015693.html
> > http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-May/015809.html
>
> That sounds like a good plan. I'll commit it for you if you'd like to
> post a diff on postgis-devel.

Here's a regression test patch for the PIP bug, which appears to
be fixed now.  I've also attached a patch to lwpostgis.sql.in to
create the bool-to-text cast only for PostgreSQL versions earlier
than 8.3 because those casts were just added to 8.3, causing the
CREATE CAST to fail.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-06/msg00017.php

Aside from the sql-mm test failures due to floating-point differences,
all regression tests pass for me on the following systems:

  RHEL AS 4, x86 64-bit, 8.1.9
  RHEL AS 4, x86 64-bit, 8.2.4
  RHEL AS 4, x86 64-bit, 8.3devel

  FreeBSD 6.2, x86 32-bit, 8.2.4

  Solaris 9, sparc 32-bit, 8.2.4
  Solaris 9, sparc 32-bit, 8.3devel

  Solaris 9, sparc 64-bit, 8.3devel

I haven't tested 8.3devel on x86 32-bit yet.

--
Michael Fuhr