[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] installation problem

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu May 10 09:04:10 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 11:59 -0400, vamsee movva wrote:
> Hi Mark
> I removed templategis from the above mentioned placed.
> Then i executed make and make install
> Then i tried to executed psql -d test -f lwpostgis.sql
> It gave me lot of errors like
>
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:3875: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
> commands ignored until end of transaction block
> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
> transaction block
> STATEMENT:  CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ST_PolyFromText(text, int4)
>                 RETURNS geometry
>                 AS '
>                 SELECT CASE WHEN geometrytype(GeomFromText($1, $2)) =
> ''POLYGON''
>                 THEN GeomFromText($1, $2)
>                 ELSE NULL END
>                 '
>                 LANGUAGE 'SQL' IMMUTABLE STRICT;
>
> Thanks for your help

OK that's looking better... PostgreSQL outputs one ERROR per statement,
so you'll need to scroll back up your terminal to see what the first
ERROR statement was. My first guess is that you didn't install PL/PGSQL
according to http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch02.html#PGInstall:
e.g. you need to do:

createlang plpgsql test
psql -d test -f lwpostgis.sql