[postgis-devel] PATCH: Test PostgreSQL 8.3 patch for PostGIS

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Thu May 31 08:15:27 PDT 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 03:44:52PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> So now the question is: should the changes be committed? My current
> thinking is that if there are any outstanding issues then they would
> only appear with 8.3 - any places in the code I may have missed would
> still work fine under older versions of PostgreSQL, but then the
> regression tests should find the obvious places.

Looks like the changes have been committed.  I've tested a couple
of environments so far:

PostgreSQL 8.2.4, FreeBSD 6.2, x86 32-bit
PostgreSQL 8.3devel, Solaris 9, sparc 32-bit

Both builds were successful.  Some of the sql-mm regression tests
failed but the failures appear to be due to tiny floating-point
differences (e.g., -0.0761204674887132 vs -0.0761204674887133).

When I get a chance I'll submit a regression test for the
Contains()/Within() bug that still exists:

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-May/015693.html
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-May/015809.html

--
Michael Fuhr