[postgis-devel] Is it possible to get rid of platform specific lwpostgis.sql files?

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Fri Sep 7 20:56:03 PDT 2007

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> writes:
> I wonder if the Linux packaging is an issue... I was surprised quite
> recently to see a MySQL vs PostgreSQL test run that was brand new, but
> used PgSQL 7.4, because that was what was on the RHAT distro they were
> using for testing.

It would be a fair comparison if they used the mysql version that RHAT
shipped at the same time ;-)

Looking in my files, Red Hat last shipped PG 7.4.x in Fedora 3 and RHEL 4.
Those releases also shipped mysql-4.1.20 (or thereabouts, that's what
is in the branches right now) and will be on 4.1.xx till they die.
You might or might not appreciate RH's "stability first" policies, but
we do try to apply them consistently.

			regards, tom lane