[postgis-devel] Is it possible to get rid of platform specific lwpostgis.sql files?

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Fri Sep 14 22:02:01 PDT 2007

Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk> writes:
> ... My question was more that if we told someone using RHEL4 to
> upgrade to PostgreSQL 8.0+ in order to use some new PostGIS
> functionality, and there was a problem that required contacting RedHat
> support, would someone there turn around and say "Sorry - we're not
> going to help you at all because you're not using PostgreSQL 7.4"? (i.e.
> would the PostgreSQL upgrade void the support warranty?)

Well, I personally sure wouldn't deny you support, but I'm not too clear
on what it takes to get through the front-line support ranks to the
engineering department.  In any case Red Hat wouldn't deny support on
the base OS.  For Postgres-specific issues you could always come to the
PG lists; or if you really want to get your support via Red Hat, there's
always the aforementioned Application Stack version.

			regards, tom lane