[postgis-devel] CLUSTER in 8.3 on GIST indexes break

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Fri Dec 5 07:25:55 PST 2008

FWIW,
I have experienced some oddities in performing SELECT statements after
restarting on an 8.2 system, whereby I occasionally would get a ton of
duplicate records when I would do a select statement (my assumption is that
they are deleted tuples being returned).  If I executed the same select
statement again, I would get the correct number of records.

Thanks for exploring this issue ladies and gents.

r.b.

Quoting Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk>:

> Gregory Stark wrote:
>
> > Uhm. That rather sucks. I was able to reproduce it too.
> >
> > It seems to happen after I pause for a bit, and not when I run the script
> in
> > fast succession.
>
> Thanks for the verification Greg. I'm wondering if the GiST part is a
> red herring, and in fact it is related to some bizarre interaction
> between CLUSTER/VACUUM/autovacuum?
>

> ATB,
>
> Mark.
>
> --
> Mark Cave-Ayland
> Sirius Corporation - The Open Source Experts
> http://www.siriusit.co.uk
> T: +44 870 608 0063

Robert W. Burgholzer
--
Finding the occasional straw of truth awash in a great ocean of confusion and
bamboozle requires intelligence, vigilance, dedication and courage.  But if we
-- Carl Sagan, "The Fine Art of Baloney Detection," Parade, February 1, 1987

Web Hydrology Objects - Online Collaborative Modeling:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/npsource/
Home Page:
http://soulswimmer.dynalias.net/