[postgis-devel] Some sort of memory leak?

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Dec 15 04:27:13 PST 2008

This one I'm not quite sure how to describe as a bug but it seems to be
a long standing problem (happens on my 1.3.3 install so certainly
nothing we should rush to fix).

Haven't tested on 1.4

This works --

SELECT ST_AsEWKT(ST_LineToCurve(ST_Buffer(ST_Point(i,j), j)))  As
the_geom
		FROM generate_series(-10,50,10) As i
			CROSS JOIN generate_series(40,70, 20) As j

This works --
SELECT ST_Collect(ST_LineToCurve(ST_Buffer(ST_Point(i,j), j)))  As
the_geom
		FROM generate_series(-10,50,10) As i
			CROSS JOIN generate_series(40,70, 20) As j

But this crashes server sometimes (not all the time).

SELECT ST_AsEWKT(ST_LineToCurve(ST_Buffer(ST_Point(i,j), j)))  As
the_geom
		FROM generate_series(-10,50,10) As i
			CROSS JOIN generate_series(40,70, 20) As j

This most often crashes but doesn't seem to on fresh restart
SELECT ST_AsEWKT(ST_Collect(the_geom)),
	ST_AsEWKT(ST_Collect(ST_Multi(the_geom)))

		FROM ((SELECT ST_LineToCurve(ST_Buffer(ST_Point(i,j),
j))  As the_geom
		FROM generate_series(-10,50,10) As i
			CROSS JOIN generate_series(40,70, 20) As j)) As
foo;

In case anyone is interested, attached is the latest torture script
compressed.