[postgis-devel] Trouble compiling 1.4 under MingW

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Thu Dec 18 04:52:36 PST 2008

Now that I finally have my MinGW environment sort of working.

1) I was able to successfully compile the 1.3 SVN branch under MinGW

But when I attempted to accomplish the same feat for 1.4 -- I get the
below error when doing the

sh autogen.sh

$ sh autogen.sh
configure.ac:108: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_HELP_STRING
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation

To my virgin eyes this looks very cryptic -- not sure what I'm supposed
to do here.