[postgis-devel] Updates to GEOS & POSTGIS

Ben Jubb benjubb at refractions.net
Tue Jan 22 10:55:30 PST 2008

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 16:25 -0800, Ben Jubb wrote:
>
>> Fixed version of lwgeom_geos_c.c checked in.
>>

> Well nearly ;)
>
> This version fails because the GEOSPreparedGeometry is mentioned in
> PREPARED_GEOM_CACHE which is outside of the GEOS 3.1 #ifdef. I had a bit
> of a play and came up with the attached patch. Apart from re-ordering a
> few things, I also made the GEOS version check slightly less verbose by
> removing the CAPI revisions; if the version numbers in GEOS SVN
> (version.h.in and version.h.vc) are incremented to 3.1 to represent the
> new version in development, everything should work fine.
>
> Are you happy to bump the GEOS version numbers in SVN and then apply the
> attached?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Mark.

Doh!
Sorry for the oversight, i can't believe i missed that.

GEOS's version number in the SVN trunk is currently at 3.1.0.
version.h.in gets filled-in by configure, via configure.in.
I guess version.h.vc needs to be updated tho.

I wonder if the GEOS version check should just check the CAPI version,
as thats the real dependency that the code in lwgeom_geos_c.c has.  And
the GEOS-CAPI version implies the correct GEOS version I think.