[postgis-devel] PostGIS documentation on refractions.net website

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 03:05:47 PDT 2008

Hi there,

Given that there have been some changes to the configure options in SVN,
I'd like to propose a change in the website documentation process.
Currently SVN HEAD is extracted and built on postgis.refractions.net,
but since many people refer to this directly online I can see this being
a source of confusion.

What I think would be a good solution would be the following:

- Generate 1.3 series documentation @
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/1.3/ from the SVN 1.3 branch

- Generate 1.4 series documentation @
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/1.4/ from SVN HEAD

- Alias http://postgis.refractions.net/docs onto the 1.3 series
documentation which represents the current latest release.

Would this be something that would be easily achievable? And also how do
I check any errors that may result from the building the documentation
for the website? Is this available as a hidden file somewhere in the web
tree?

ATB,

Mark.

--