[postgis-devel] Docbook ID's and <a name> links

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Tue Jul 15 11:34:59 PDT 2008

Regina,

> I mean a second TOC listing. I like them being together but since they
> are such an important
> SQL concept, I think they deserve redundancy in the TOC.
>
> Well I was hoping that there would be some automagic way to pull out any
> entry with
>
> Geometry set (or should it be geometry set)
>
> Hmm - also are we going with upper on Geometry or geometry.  I just
> realized we have both variants  because the template.xml has upper case,
> but we've always used lower case.

Yeah, I agree it should be lower case to match the other PostgreSQL
datatypes.

> If there is no automagic way - its not that big a deal since we don't
> add aggregate functions that often.  We can fill that in afterward.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

I'm not aware of any way to automatically generate a second TOC using
specific ids ... except maybe by generating an index, but that's quite
different.  Does anyone else have ideas how DocBook could do this?

I agree that we can tackle this afterward.

Cheers,
Kevin