[postgis-devel] 1.3.3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 13:46:18 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 12:35 -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Rather than revert the PreparedGeometry changes, I've placed them
> behind appropriate version checking so that they aren't available for
> GEOS < 3.1. Ditto for the topologyPreservingSimplify that was breaking
> GEOS < 3.0.

Okay. I'm not 100% convinced by the additional 3rd parameter here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2008-January/000209.html.
I'd like to see evidence that avoiding the memcmp() will actually result
in a more than negligible performance boost, since it seems quite a hack
on the API :(  It would make sense to do this before we release the next
version and people start using the new API in earnest.

> I have now tested and gotten things working for GEOS 2.2 versus
> PostGIS 1.3.3SVN.  Only thing not working is the ogc regress test,
> that uses Covers/CoveredBy, which are only exposed in GEOS >= 3.0.0.
> So the next trick is to make the regression tests also
> version-sensitive.

Okay that's great.

> Anyways, I think we could cut a "safe" 1.3.3 release now.

I'd still like to resolve a couple more issues: if things work for GEOS
2.2.x we can close GBT #8. I also think it would be good to resolve GBT #6
and GBT #7 before we hit the release.

ATB,

Mark.

--