[postgis-devel] Roadmap for next major release of PostGIS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed May 28 09:03:49 PDT 2008

Tom Lane wrote:

> Have you looked into using the current incarnation of pg_regress?
> It works fine under MSVC.

I'm not sure that we can use pg_regress as it stands, as we don't just
issue SQL queries as part of a regression run. In particular, we have
special tests for the shapefile loader/extractor utilities which load
regression shapefiles into the database as PostGIS tables and check the
resulting table contents against expected output using diff (and
vice-versa).

So even if we do decide to use pg_regress for the SQL parts of the test
suite, we still need a relatively platform-independent wrapper of some
description to manage these extra tests. Unless anyone can come up with
any other ideas, I think Perl is still the best tool of choice across
all platforms.

ATB,

Mark.

--