[postgis-devel] Re: trunk: ERROR on spatially-enabling a database

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 04:00:30 PST 2008

strk wrote:

> Actually the patch is good as it haves top-level 'make'
> rebuild liblwgeom when you touch any source file for it.
> But still, lwpostgis.so isn't relinked against the newly
> created liblwgeom.a, altought it changed.
>
> Not sure how to force that as I belive lwgeom/Makefile
> is based on PGXS ?
>
> --strk;

Yeah, this is the one failing with PGXS: it doesn't seem to allow
external target dependencies as it links the .o files directly :(  At
some point I was hoping to add a separate "alldev" target to all of the
Makefiles for developer use that would just call the "all" target, but
also handle the dependencies correctly.

HTH,

Mark.

--