[postgis-devel] Re: Patch for dblatex

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 03:44:19 PDT 2008

Kevin Neufeld wrote:
> Thanx, David.   That recent commit you saw was mainly used to trigger
> the autobuild process, testing the pdf generation you now see on the
> postgis website.  Once folks are happy with the result, we can introduce
> the dblatex dependency to trunk.
>
> One thought. Should configure also test for the correct version of
> dblatex and required dependencies?  I fought with it for a while until I
> realized my dblatex version was a little to old.  Upgrading it and
> python seemed to solve a plethra of problems.
>
> Thanx for the patch,
> -- Kevin

I think the trick here, as I've mentioned before, is to pick one build
system and have everyone stick to it. Then at least we've got some
chance of generating consistent PDF output. If people want to go with
the dblatex stuff, I'm happy to help work on some autoconf tests to
check for the basics.

ATB,

Mark.

--