[postgis-devel] Dropped DM (Time) dimension with intersections

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Oct 7 10:31:50 PDT 2008

Paul,

I'm a little confused about your statement.  I guess I haven't thought about 3D stuff all that much, but are you saying if you have varying Z of a polygon or line it has no meaning or ambiguous meaning?

To me its a 2D object in 3D space and if I glue each of those faces together, I could get what would appear to be a volumetric thing - a wireframe if you will.  My visualization abilities are kind of weak though but to me something like

LINESTRING(1 2 3,3 4 5)

makes sense and woud represent a line not completely horizontal relative to Z?

Thanks,
Regina