[postgis-devel] SQL comment generation

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 03:57:17 PDT 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:
> Mark, Paul, Kevin et al,
>
> I think this got lost in the shuffle.  Does any one have problems with me
> committing a postgis_comments.sql file to 1.3.4.  I will take the
> responsibility of regenerating the .sql as the doc book changes are made
> and making sure the comments install on 1.3.4 build.  I think we have a
> lot so far that would be very
> useful to people wading their way thru using PostGIS as a quick
> reference in the trenches.  I can also tack it on in the
> instructions for 1.3.4 (after loading spatial_ref_sys.sql).
>
> For 1.4 yah probably makes sense to have it more integrated as part of
> the whole load
> process.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

Well, if it doesn't require changes to the build process and you're
happy to maintain it then go for it. My only concern would be that if
people get used to using it and then become more confused when it
disappears with 1.4, but then I guess we'll probably end up doing the
same with spatial_ref_sys aswell...

ATB,

Mark.

--