[postgis-devel] 1.4 SVN Compile problems

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 01:51:49 PDT 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:

> Mark,
> So I take it this is a problem a lot of people will run into that get
> their PostgreSQL from
> RPM installs, apt-get, Yum, etc.  I hate to say it, but thats a lot of
> people these days.  Mine I didn't compile.  It came via the OpenSUSE
> repository thingy.
>
> Seems like we should explain it somewhere in the docs.  Though I'm not
> skilled enough to do this since
> I can barely flounder my way thru Linux as it is.  But I am getting
> better though :)
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

Hi Regina,

I had a look at this and discovered that there is a better way of doing
this - the problem is that I used the flags variable from the old 1.3
build system when in fact there is a separate one just for linking
against libpq. In terms of dependencies, that's not too much of an issue
as these can be handled automatically by the package maintainers - but
I'm fairly sure I can remove most of these new dependencies.

I'll commit a fix for this later, although my SVN tree currently has a
massive WIP parser changeset for trunk which I need to finish first...

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland