[postgis-devel] 1.4 SVN Compile problems

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Oct 14 04:05:28 PDT 2008

Mark,

This sounds great.  I wasn't so much concerned about package
maintainers, but more people like me who don't want to be bothered with
compiling
PostgreSQL from source and get their PostgreSQL from repository but want
the latest and greatest PostGIS which the package maintainer is usually
one version behind or doesn't have the ideal set of Geos/Proj.

Sounds like your fix will solve that issue at anyrate.

Let me know when you have in place and I'll test again. For now I'm
testing the postgis 1.3.4 SVN which compiles fine and doesn't have the
dependency issue.

Thanks,
Regina