[postgis-devel] autobuild cleanup

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Fri Sep 12 10:40:40 PDT 2008

Just so I'm clear on a few things...

1. The PostGIS documentation website
(http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation) has a link to the 1.3
version documentation.  This is actually built from the 1.3 branch
(currently 1.3.4), NOT the last stable tagged release 1.3.3.  Is this
really what we want?  The Downloads section does not have a link to
postgis-1.3.4.tar.gz, only the latest stable tagged releases.  This is
noticeable if you look at the 1.3 manual
(http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.3/), the download
link in section 2.2 is broken.  I don't think we should be referencing
non-tagged versions (except svn trunk of course) ... but that's just my
two cents.

2. If the issue in #1 is fixed to reference the last stable release,
then the autobuild for 1.3 can simply be to checkout and build the code
and email parties responsible for breaking it.  I can remove the 1.3
documentation update and code tarballing for postgis-1.3.4.

3. Once the above is resolved, the generated PDF doc should be the same
version as the html.

Thoughts?
-- Kevin