[postgis-devel] Issue 52 in postgis: Link SRID word to Wikipedia article about SRID

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Mon Sep 15 08:21:24 PDT 2008

What about adding a section to the Spatial_Ref_Sys table description in
ch 4.2.1
(http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ch04.html#id3019787)
listing/describing a few commonly used SRIDs.  Then, whenever we use an
SRID in an example, we can link to it here.  (Additionally, the ST_SRID
and ST_SetSRID sections should have a See Also link here for further
reading).  If we want, we can have a Related Reading section in 4.2.1,
listing links to wikipedia, spatialreference.org, and the like.

Personally, I like the idea of linking to a description of an SRID
directly in an example.

Cheers,
Kevin