[postgis-devel] Issue 52 in postgis: Link SRID word to Wikipediaarticle about SRID

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Sep 15 09:07:15 PDT 2008

Kevin,
Would you want to link directly to spatialref, wikipedia in each example
or just to another section in the docs?  I guess I like the idea of
linking to one of our internal pages (which can link to spatialref,
wikipedia etc. It is an extra hop, but I figure people will only look at
it once and say "Yah I get it").

There is also no way I'm going to remember to link to
w, x, y links for each example I do and god for bid if a worthy z came
along.

I have mixed feelings about having the links right in the example. On
the one hand I see the benefit of having it right there, but on the
other hand
I fear at a certain point it will get annoying since realistically it
would appear in many examples.

Seems better to just train people to look at the "See Also" section when
they are not throughly satisfied.  I really like the "See Also" section
and thought that was a pretty useful layout idea you came up with.

Thanks,
Regina