[postgis-devel] SQL comment generation

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Mon Sep 22 09:23:39 PDT 2008

Great work on this Regina.  It looks good.

Were you thinking this sql would be another file a user would load into
a postgis database in addition to lwpostgis.sql and spatial_ref_sys.sql,
or that we would concatenate it to lwpostgis.sql.  I would love to see
it in lwpostgis.sql, but that would mean folks would now have to build
the documentation to get a spatially enabled database, whereas before
they needn't bother.  Hmmmmm.

I wonder if we can do both.  Have the makefile build the docs and
concatenate the comments during the main build process if xsltproc is
installed, otherwise, the docs don't build and lwpostgis.sql remains as
is.  No harm done.

-- Kevin