[postgis-devel] SQL comment generation

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Sep 22 05:53:20 PDT 2008

Mark,

I created a new xsl folder and committed the postgis_comments.sql.xsl I
created to that.

I also made some enhancements to it to include the arg names in the
comments.  Sample generated sql file is attached and seems to work just
fine with xsltproc.

To test I ran the command

xsltproc -o postgis_comments.sql xsl/postgis_comments.sql.xsl
reference_new.xml

Though I guess that is not exactly the best place to put it.

In the process I discovered there is really no
ST_BdPolyFromText(text),  ST_BdMPolyFromText(text)

or

ST_WktToSQL(text,srid)
even in the 1.4

These seem counter-intuitive to me since we have such constructs for
ST_GeomFromText, ST_GeometryFromText.

Anyrate if this all looks okay to you, can you integrate in the build
and figure out where the postgis_comments.sql should go.

As I mentioned I was eventually planning to create similar xsl files
that will comb out aggregate, mm and 3d compatible functions and
generate an additional toc doc .xml file from those that will then be
processed by our docbook generation step and simply provide an index
listing of said functions.

Can I chain these together like that? - xsl to generate docbox xml, then
docbook to build document?

Thanks,
Regina