[postgis-devel] Re: r3014 regress

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 01:40:36 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> First, I got the revision wrong, bad form, it was r3014
>
> Second, I realized the change went into liblwgeom, and I had failed to
> make clean and re-make. (Would sure be nice if libpostgis was
> sensitive to changes in liblwgeom, so a simple 'make' always worked
> after svn update.)

Yeah. PGXS works by feeding in a string of .o targets directly into a
compilation rule, and I can't see any way of adding an additional
dependency for liblwgeom in PGXS. Perhaps someone with more make
experience would be able to comment?

> Third, when I did that, trunk no longer compiles:
>
> ld: duplicate symbol _parser_check_flags in
> ../liblwgeom/liblwgeom.a(lwgparse.o) and
> ../liblwgeom/liblwgeom.a(lwgunparse.o)

Hmmm - it works fine here, although I guess Apple have different rules
about visibility of non-extern symbols within a library. I've renamed
the unparser flag in SVN so this should now work for you.

Incidentally although I've not really been involved in the PiP analysis,
are you planning to do a before/after analysis on your blog? Would be
interesting to see what improvements your work has brought in.

HTH,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland