[postgis-devel] Issue 148 in postgis: st_touches doesn't work as it should on st_touches(line,point)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Apr 8 05:13:45 PDT 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 148 by post... at jordogskog.no: st_touches doesn't work as it
should on st_touches(line,point)
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=148

What steps will reproduce the problem?

I get false from st_touches if the point isn't the first or the last point
of the line.

SELECT ST_Touches('LINESTRING(0 0, 1 1, 0 2)'::geometry, 'POINT(1
1)'::geometry);
gives false, but from may understanding it should return true

SELECT ST_Touches('LINESTRING(0 0, 1 1, 0 2)'::geometry, 'POINT(0
0)'::geometry);
returns true as it should.

The result I get is the same as in the documentation for 1.4 so I get a
little confused, beacause I don't understand the behavior.

I have tried at 8.3 1.36 geos 3.03 and 8.3 1.4 geos 3.1.0

/Nicklas Avén