[postgis-devel] Typmod Goodness

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Fri Aug 7 13:07:57 PDT 2009

* Paragon Corporation (lr at pcorp.us) wrote:
> Actually I like the idea of having 2 views, because if I have a database
> with a 1000 spatial tables in it, I normally don't care to wait around to
> see everyone else's stuff.

I'd be alright with filtering things you can't access.

> I believe pg_tables and information_schema.tables do have a filter, but I
> think its based on priviledge (or am I thinking about pg_settings). Steve --
> you happen to know anything about that one way or the other?

pg_catalog tables typically don't filter.  pg_tables isn't filtered.
The information_schema does typically filter, and
information_schema.tables does have a filter on permissions:

pg_has_role(c.relowner, 'USAGE'::text) OR
has_table_privilege(c.oid, 'SELECT'::text) OR
has_table_privilege(c.oid, 'INSERT'::text) OR
has_table_privilege(c.oid, 'UPDATE'::text) OR
has_table_privilege(c.oid, 'DELETE'::text) OR
has_table_privilege(c.oid, 'REFERENCES'::text) OR
has_table_privilege(c.oid, 'TRIGGER'::text)

	Thanks,

		Stephen