[postgis-devel] trunk regress fails - PostgreSQL Minimum version?

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Wed Aug 12 17:37:38 PDT 2009

Kevin Neufeld wrote:
> strk wrote:
>> 'sed' is also used in postgis/Makefile, does it work there for you ?
>> We do need to edit the sql file in order to have it use the pre-installed
>> library...
>
> Ah.  Let me clarify.  Yes, sed substitution in the Makefiles work fine
> for me.  What doesn't work is the path that is replacing $libdir.

This has caused me problems as well, and it looks like my changes were
included in an unrelated commit at
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/4366 (shameful).

The issue with the cp is that it requires a 'make install' before 'make
check' will work.  The sed command was using the wrong library name.

>> Just an hint: you should be able to run 'make check' from top-level dir.
>
> :) Yes, I know ... just a force of habit I guess.
>
> Here's the head of the regression log running "make check" after
> configuring (see the script I posted yesterday).
>
> BEGIN
> psql:postgis.sql:53: NOTICE:  type "spheroid" is not yet defined
> DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
> psql:postgis.sql:53: ERROR:  could not access file
> "/var/home/buildbot/workspace/src/regress/../postgis/postgis-1.5": No
> such file or directory

It actually looks like my change is causing the problem for you, not
fixing it; my error was:

   psql:postgis.sql:53: ERROR:  could not access file
"/usr/local/src/postgis-trunk/regress/../postgis/libpostgis-1.5": No
such file or directory

Seems like we're generating different library names.  I'm going to back
out that change, since it shouldn't have gone in then anyway.