[postgis-devel] "the_geom" quick feedback

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Wed Dec 16 09:12:38 PST 2009

Yesterday I rashly changed the default geometry column created by the shape loader from "the_geom" to "geom". And lo, the loader regression is broken this morning.

So. Before I go and change the regression expects to match my inputs: is this regressing change of the default name acceptable? I have always chafed about it a little (the_geom) but I accepted it. It would be nice not to have it "the" anymore, but not critical.