[postgis-devel] License

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Feb 4 18:45:25 PST 2009

Paul,
Okay this all does sound too complicated.  Lets stay as we are.  I was worried a little bit about being in line and now I see its a bigger issue than I initially thought.

For example I like the fact that we can have both a 1.3 and 1.4 and people can upgrade at their leisure and we don't necessarily have to be in step with PostgreSQL releases.  If we were part of the whole bigger PostgreSQL thing, then I presume this would no longer be possible, which would cause more problems than it solves.

So I guess my biggest gripe is the GPL licensing, but that is more of a personal dislike that I can learn to live with.

Thanks,
Regina