[postgis-devel] flex/bison whoops with trunk

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Thu Feb 5 13:48:56 PST 2009

Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> writes:
> strk wrote:
>> bison (GNU Bison) 1.35

> Wow. That version of Bison is positively ancient, and I'm fairly sure is
> full of bugs. Try upgrading to a version that's less than 7 years old
> and see if that helps ;)

For comparison's sake, the minimum bison version for core Postgres is
1.875 (and we do check that in the configure script ...)

But having said that, more recent bisons have gotten stricter rather
than less so about semicolon placement.  It might be worth making sure
that postgis' grammar builds on latest bison, which I think is 2.4.

			regards, tom lane