[postgis-devel] Function Naming

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Sat Jan 24 15:18:44 PST 2009

Does ESRI use GIST as well for their PG_GEOMETRY or whatever they call it.  I'm just thinking if we call it geometry  may get confusing for people that use both types. Though theirs is in a separate schema anyway so doesn't matter I suppose except if someone makes the sde schema a global one then we could have some clashes maybe.  Probably not.  Just thinking out loud.