[postgis-devel] RT_GeoReference problem

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 00:21:02 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am using the last version of PostGIS and WKTRaster extensions from
svn (r4092 of PostGIS and r4289 of WKTRaster). When trying to get
georeference information from a raster column (select
rt_georeference(rast) from table), I get an error that says the
function "RASTER_getGeoReference" can't be found at
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/lib/rtpostgis.so (Debian Lenny system). I had
a look on that object with nm and I couldn't find such a function, but
I can see the function defined in PostgreSQL

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION rt_georeference(raster)
  RETURNS text AS
'$libdir/rtpostgis', 'RASTER_getGeoReference'
  LANGUAGE 'c' IMMUTABLE STRICT
  COST 1;
ALTER FUNCTION rt_georeference(raster) OWNER TO postgres;

So, the function is defined in PostgreSQL but not in the library object

Several of other functions like rt_height, rt_width, rt_pixelsizex,
rt_pixelsizey, rt_raster_envelope... work fine.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Jorge